Friday, January 2, 2015

there's a hole in my soul I can't fill it

+ What's On: Flaws, by Bastille

Happy New Year!

Wow, 2015 -- finally. I waited all year for 2014 to be over, and now that it is I'm at a loss! Did you know? 2015 is the first year since 1998 I will not have any Fox stories to work on. What.

So what's next? Good question! I have no idea. The only certainty I have is that it won't be sports fiction--AftG was always the only sports project in my arsenal. For that matter, it was the only contemporary piece. Every other project sitting shelved on my computer is fantasy, urban fantasy, or science fiction. Switching gears is bound to be a nightmare, made more complicated by how long I've had the Foxes in mental circulation. Every other story's been touched by the AftG project, so now I have to unravel the plot devices and personalities that got tangled up in them. And, as usual, the project I want to write and the project I'm presently capable of writing are two entirely different stories.

I'm not really sure what to do with this blog in the meantime, though, but I guess we're all used to long silences by now. But while I sort everything out, I owe some people some responses. I'm not trying to ignore you, I promise! I just needed to take a couple steps back for a while. Hopefully I'll have answered all emails & questions by the end of the weekend.

3 comments:

Marina Elena said...

Happy New Year to you too! 2014 was a nightmare for me and I've never been so happy to see a year gone. I want to burn it out of every calender I own. 2015 can only get better. At least your book was a pleasant distraction. ^_^

I'm so happy to hear that you're going to take on another project, or at least thinking about it. Urban fantasy, or any fantasy really, is pretty much my favorite genre so I definitely won't have a problem there.

I'm still so sad that the foxes' story is really over, but I'm looking forward to what you will come up with next.

I'll wait patiently and keep stalking your blog then, no matter how long it takes!

Tabbygray said...

Happy New Year! Thank you so much for the final book - and for the whole series. I managed to keep the final book until the holiday break as I knew, once I started, I wouldn't stop. Read all three books straight through and finished at 5:30 in the morning. Fell into bed - elated - and reread The Kings Men again the moment I got up.
I've reread a few bits of it every day since. It's day 15 and counting....
Can't stop saying thank you! It was worth the wait, it was wonderful. I was so emotional most of the time - I thought Neil was going to die a couple of times, horribly, and am so happy you got him out. And believably, too!
Thank you for Andrew - it was so exciting to see how he was when sober, and how his relationship with Neil, and everyone else, changed. There were at least two more books worth of stories in there - back stories, side stories, short stories - if you ever feel the urge, at any point in the next few years to write more, please don't hold back! :-) You are a terrific writer and I hope to read more of your stories in the future, whatever they are about.
I really hope you are proud of your achievements, because you have every right to be. Congratulations. Big hugs.

Abraj Dubai said...

مع اكبر شركة مكافحة حشرات بالاحساء والتي توفر لكم العديد من المبيدات التي تستخدم في ابادة الحشرات والتخلص منها تماما ونوفر لكم اقوي الحملات ابادة الحشرات ونوفر لكم فريق متخصص في رش المنازل وغيرها من الاماكن باقل الاسعارhttp://abraj-dubai.net/%D8%B4%D8%B1%D9%83%D8%A9-%D9%85%D9%83%D8%A7%D9%81%D8%AD%D8%A9-%D8%AD%D8%B4%D8%B1%D8%A7%D8%AA-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%AF%D9%85%D8%A7%D9%85-%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D8%A7%D8%AD%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%A1/