Saturday, July 26, 2014

I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies

+ What's on: Take Me to Church, by Hozier

Progress check: Two betas down, one to go, and we've almost got a cover ready.

Am relieved and panicked in turns. How to say it without sounding like a raving lunatic...? The Foxes have been a crutch and an obsession for sixteen years. They got me through high school, college, and the ugly introduction to the so-called real world; they've been there for me across three countries, four states, and ten addresses. In a way I don't know who I am without them. There are other projects, yes. Some of them are even older than the Foxes' story is, but I never threw myself at them with the same frenzied focus.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, for your patience and encouraging words and unflagging support. I desperately hope the story doesn't disappoint. I have a gnawing fear that I'll become one of those cautionary tales several of you referenced and that the story is still going to be a lopsided and horrid mess after all. Guess we'll find out, hm? Soon, soon, soon.

Add a little nonsense to your day? I made a couple baby albums on 8tracks between working on notes from beta1 and beta2. 8 songs for the Foxes & 8 songs for Neil, taken from my (ridiculously over-long) playlist. Made playlists for the upperclassmen & relationship!Neil, but ended up not uploading the songs. Figured enough was enough, for now.

Foxes
1. Paperthin Hymn (Anberlin) 2. Dark Horses (Switchfoot) 3. Comeback (Redlight King) 4. Innocent (Our Lady Peace) 5. Are We All We Are (P!nk) 6. Hall of Fame (The Script ft will.i.am) 7. The Kids From Yesterday (My Chemical Romance) 8. Rooftops - A Liberation Broadcast (Lostprophets)

Neil
1. Capricorn - A Brand New Name (30 Seconds to Mars) 2. Brand New Day (Ryan Star) 3. Angels on the Moon (Thriving Ivory) 4. Comfortable Liar (Chevelle) 5. The Bird and the Worm (The Used) 6. Who Are You, Really? (Mikky Ekko) 7. Breathe (Greenwheel) 8. Boulevard of Broken Dreams (Green Day)

9 comments:

8488ba1a-1541-11e4-8c7e-47451df392ea said...

I am so excited!!! Cast your anxiety to the wind--we're going to love it, I promise.
I've been rereading the previous two, looking for clues to relatinship!Neil, and you love the characters too much to not do right by them for us.
OK, that sounded like more responsibility, not less. What I mean is, you did a good thing sharing such a cool world and great people with us. Don't let anyone do anything other than thank you for it!

Solare said...

Oooooh, Chevelle. I love it. Better than Sick Puppies. Thanks for the update and I'm sure you'll pick up something to help you with this next stage of your life that will be just as important and have just as much impact.

maryvel said...

Sooo excited! I'd love to say something to calm your nerves, but maybe that's a part of it somehow, when you decide to be brave enough to take something from your head and share it with the world... All I know is, I've never been disappointed with anything you've written. Ever. And I don't expect that to change now, so thank you, thank you for all your hard work. I love it already!

Carrie Clay said...

Thanks for the update! Your book is going to be perfect, I have no doubt. It's just too bad that I'll have to re read Foxhole Court and Raven King to refresh my memory about the characters. Alas, that is a sacrifice I am willing to make (sigh).

lime-yay said...

For some reason I associate Matisyahu's Sunshine with the Foxes. I guess cuz it mentions perseverance and being champions and reaching for the sky.

I reread the series after reading this post. I get so emotionally invested each time, but it's kinda interesting because I appreciate different things. Like, my first read through, I fell for Matt and Nicky. My second, Seth and Allison. And my third(? IDK if it's been 3 or 4 times), Wymack and Winfield. Of course, I've loved Neil in each read, and Andrew, and Kevin, and everyone. One of these days you oughta crack open your mega folder of old Fox backround stuff and share before my head-cannon gets out of hand.

Another thing that changes with each read is noticing character interactions. Because they are subtle. Although, I always get annoyed with reviews I read of the series that are like: "I had no idea what was going on!!" and "It's not a romance!!"

Do people honestly like authors to be really super heavy handed and get whacked over the head repeatedly with a transparent plot? And not seeing the romance? Pah. That's just being blind and/or stupid. The Raven King, especially, is just, so obvious. I mean, given the fact that Neil/Andrew are oblivious themselves.

Ok, it's not obvious, but it's actually interesting, because you see it evolve in a natural and intriguing way. It's not "ooh chek out that hot bod im in love now, lol" which is 100% fine by me.

Jessi Qn said...

Super excited that that's a step closer to the book release!! I look forward to the last chapter of the Foxes and Neil's journey...though it also sucks, cause I never want it to end. Is it weird that I love Andrew and Neil's relationship (or lack of lol)?? XD

I'll have to look up some of the songs for the playlist, but it looks great!

I hope you're doing well and I hope to read more of your projects in the future! You have become an author I like to keep tabs on and I hope you continue writing.

Until next time!
<3 Jessi

Gemma Mac said...

So excited. Hope be out in August love to read it while on Holiday!?!

SarSar said...

I am BEGGING you to post a teaser chapter! Please, please, please!!!

gin said...

Cool!!;)
Hopefully it will be release this month ;)