+ What's on: Hey Girl, by Billy Currington
A small series of quasi-related notes:
1. It is astoundingly easy to edit this book to country music. Why, I do not know. I know my sister does not appreciate it at all. Oh well! (Speaking of the sister, you can find her and her book over here)
2. Amazon is terrifying. The Foxhole Court hit Smashwords on Jan 15 and Amazon Kindle Store July 31st (I have no idea why it says July 30 on Amazon). In three-odd weeks, Amazon's clocked up more downloads. I don't know what to say except I love you all so much. ♥
3. I started INSANITY this past week. You guys, this shit is no joke. I tried it back in June and gave up after three days. I survived the entire first week this time 'round but I'm not sure how. I thought I'd be violently ill halfway through the Day 1 Fit Test. Knowing it's never going to get easier--that it's not supposed to get easier--is not encouraging. But gdi I'm determined to finish it this time.
4. Edits on King's Men are finally getting easier. There are four sub-arcs in the story, at least from a writing standpoint. I need to flip two of them chronologically (PS let's never do that again) and I need to completely rewrite one. I filled an entire 400pg pocket notebook before I figured out how to best pull it off. I'm also tearing out 20K words, which is all kinds of fun.
5. On the bright side, the relationship is finally coming together the right way. My goal was to get to the first kiss this weekend. Instead I spent 12 hours rewriting the same 5000 words over and over and over again. I was this close to choking Neil, no joke. That boy is so stupid I don't know what to do with him. How he hasn't gotten punched out yet, I don't know.
6. I was thinking to myself that my next project should be whichever one has an
easy relationship in it. Then I remembered none of my in-prog stories
have easy relationships. This is what happens when you don't believe in love and don't understand physical attraction. FML. Henceforth I will define "easy" as "Doesn't take until book three for googly eyes to happen".
7. Tentative release date is still December. If I can swing it sooner, I will. I promise I'm trying. You'll be the first to know if the date changes.
8. I need another drink.
9. Uh, don't tell Shaun T I'm drinking.