Sunday, August 25, 2013

I can't leave here lonely knowin' I didn't even try

+ What's on: Hey Girl, by Billy Currington

A small series of quasi-related notes:

1. It is astoundingly easy to edit this book to country music. Why, I do not know. I know my sister does not appreciate it at all. Oh well! (Speaking of the sister, you can find her and her book over here)

2. Amazon is terrifying. The Foxhole Court hit Smashwords on Jan 15 and Amazon Kindle Store July 31st (I have no idea why it says July 30 on Amazon). In three-odd weeks, Amazon's clocked up more downloads. I don't know what to say except I love you all so much. ♥

3. I started INSANITY this past week. You guys, this shit is no joke. I tried it back in June and gave up after three days. I survived the entire first week this time 'round but I'm not sure how. I thought I'd be violently ill halfway through the Day 1 Fit Test. Knowing it's never going to get easier--that it's not supposed to get easier--is not encouraging. But gdi I'm determined to finish it this time.

4. Edits on King's Men are finally getting easier. There are four sub-arcs in the story, at least from a writing standpoint. I need to flip two of them chronologically (PS let's never do that again) and I need to completely rewrite one. I filled an entire 400pg pocket notebook before I figured out how to best pull it off. I'm also tearing out 20K words, which is all kinds of fun.

5. On the bright side, the relationship is finally coming together the right way. My goal was to get to the first kiss this weekend. Instead I spent 12 hours rewriting the same 5000 words over and over and over again. I was this close to choking Neil, no joke. That boy is so stupid I don't know what to do with him. How he hasn't gotten punched out yet, I don't know.

6. I was thinking to myself that my next project should be whichever one has an easy relationship in it. Then I remembered none of my in-prog stories have easy relationships. This is what happens when you don't believe in love and don't understand physical attraction. FML. Henceforth I will define "easy" as "Doesn't take until book three for googly eyes to happen".

7. Tentative release date is still December. If I can swing it sooner, I will. I promise I'm trying. You'll be the first to know if the date changes.

8. I need another drink.

9. Uh, don't tell Shaun T I'm drinking.

8 comments:

Kerstin said...

Hi Mary,
take all the time you need :) As much as I'd love to read the next book earlier, like right this moment now, I appreciate your writing and stories too much!
I just finished The Raven King last night and it was so awesome! I don't know what books to read now to tide me over until December, they all sounds so boring thanks to The Raven King, lol.

Goddess Athena said...

Please, please hurry it along. I cannot wait to read it and Dec. feels so far away. I feel like the anticipation is killing me. If it can't be published sooner at least let Dec. be the time it will be released cause I hate when released dates are pushed back instead of forward. I am dying over here. LOL

Carrie Clay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Clay said...

Hi Mary,

I am so glad I finally found your blog! I was getting a little frantic, wondering if The Kings Men would actually ever be released, when I couldn't find a way to contact you via Amazon. 

Now that I know where to come for updates, I will gladly wait 'till December for TKM. 

These books are amazing. I just couldn't put them down. So thank you, keep up the good work and be assured that you already have at least one copy of TKM sold whenever it's released.

marynoel said...

Kerstin : Thank you so much for taking a chance on the Foxes! I'm really glad you liked the stories! ♥

Athena : December's right around the corner, I promise! I'm trying, I'm trying.

Carrie : The King's Men will definitely be released. It's already written, it just needs a major overhaul before I can post it. Thank you so much for reading Foxhole Court & Raven King! I'm glad you liked them. ♥

Jessi Qn said...

Hi,
I just wanted to let you know I picked up your book Foxhole Court recently and totally in love with the story!! I bought the second book but I am re-reading the first to make sure I didn't miss something XD

Anyways I hope you the best and I can't wait for the third installment of this series. Keep up the great work and I hope to read more from you! :D

Jessi

marynoel said...

Jessi : Thank you so much for reading Foxhole Court! I'm glad you liked it, and I hope you like The Raven King, too. ♥

ginia said...

Mary, hi again! Woah, that was a significant rant back there! Hahaha. You definitely sound more relax and at ease now! so editing for the 3rd book is easier for you this time? I'm so glad that it is! ^_^

Anyway, thank you for always trying to inform us with your writing progress. I just love reading every bit of details you reveal when youre writing this trilogy.

Even if its just to pour out your frustration or talk to us about how you love each of your character, every bit of info is such a treasure.

Btw, i wouldnt have change anything in Neil! He's just so effing perfect in that almost naive kinda way, and I find Neil's caracter more realistic for having close to no physical intimacy with eherm, Andrew.... so definitely no regrets on my side that it took you until book 3 to get them together.

Anyway, thank you again! Have a good day! ;-)