Saturday, May 25, 2013

all alone, he's holding his breath half to death

+ What's on: The Bird and The Worm, by The Used

It's been a while since I listened to this song, but I love it dearly. If I had to chart out a list of five songs that are good for getting into Neil's headspace, this would be the book I start the trilogy with. 30 Seconds to Mars' "Capricorn" is another really useful one. I used to waste a lot of time putting together playlists for the Foxes. Had songs for all of the individual characters, then songs for the relationships. At one point it was almost 6 hours long before I realized I was letting it completely out of hand. I think I trimmed it back to, uhhh, 3. Then I attempted making playlists for each individual book, but that didn't work out so well. Anyway: it's a fun way to procrastinate. I don't do it anymore, because I don't have/use iTunes anymore. Now I just play SWTOR.

But that wasn't really what this post was supposed to be about.

Have received an update of sorts from the betas. I'm surprised they're still speaking to me; they are amazingly tolerant people. Kidding, mostly. I kind of dropped a 100K-word project on them in the tangled mess between midterms and finals. Not to mention impending graduation, a couple full time jobs, and two international trips. Ahaha, a considerate author I am not, but at least I am a master of bad timing? They are glorious people and I love them to death for putting up with me. ♥

By the looks of things Raven King should be ready to go in July. Thanks for your patience, lovies, and I promise I'll be more communicative with King's Men progress. (More prolific, too, as several backstories can't be posted until Raven King is out. Too many hints of spoilers. At least you'll have something to read while waiting?)

There was something else I wanted to say, but I don't remember. I'll assume it wasn't important.

1 comment:

ginia said...

July? Omg July, this is the best b-day gift ever.